* Provide private basic canine obedience instruction for all ages
* Help to provide solutions to problem behaviors
* Drop in pet care for all types of animals
* Providing morning- early afternoon dog walks Monday - Friday
* Servicing the East Bay
* Drop In Care - $30-$40 to feed, water, and socialize (depending on location & time), rotate lighting, water plants, etc
* Initial consultation to discuss your needs is free
* Adult Basic Obedience packages are $300 per dog with a discounted rate for multiple dogs
* Puppy 1 & 2 Basic Obedience packages $250 ea.(discounted rate for signing up for Puppy 2 at time of beginning Puppy 1)
* Targeted / Problem behavior training lessons start at $65 per session and up dependent upon how many need training. Cat training sessions the same.
* Bathing Add On - $15 per pet
* Brush & Bathing Care Only - $25-$30
* Holiday Rates- $10 fee extra per day/per drop in
*** As of Jan 2015, I am no longer offering in home overnight pet sitting services. I am offering drop-in pet care, dog walking & occasional boarding only. My apologies for any inconvenience.
What People Are Saying:
Rick H - Amanda did a terrific job
watching our 4 dogs, 2 chinchillas and our cat. We were gone for an
extended trip (3 weeks). Amanda was available for 2 of those weeks. It
made our vacation that much more enjoyable knowing that our pets were
in good hands. Amanda walked the dogs multiple times per day, and they
were very content upon our return.
- Kim B - I hired Amanda to help me with my deaf boston terrier, who is 7 years
old. I was skeptical, due to her age and her being deaf. Amanda was
great! She bonded with Cali right away. In just one lesson, she taught
my dog the "watch me" command (used in working with deaf
dogs)...something I had not been able to do in 7 years! She taught both
of us how to go on a walk and not pull on the leash, which is what I
really wanted. Now, walks are much more enjoyable! Amanda also shared
several other tips with me, which I greatly appreciated. If you need any help with your dog, this is your girl! Thank you so much, Amanda!
- Anne J - I have 2 senior Husky dogs with one on meds for his condition and a 1 yr
old Aussie puppy, making their energy levels and needs at opposing
sides. Amanda did a wonderful job giving each the attention they need
and are used to as well as helping with the puppy's on going obedience
training. She dealt with any challenges professionally and willingly.
Having Amanda stay in my home gave me peace of mind that all would be
well with my dogs while I was away.
- Maria L - We are a family with a puppy for the first time ever. We were very
nervous about being able to handle our puppy, so I enlisted Amanda's
services. Amanda has made a big difference. She was always very
prompt and prepared for our training class. After the training she would
send us a recap of the class via email. This was very helpful! Amanda
is doing what she loves and it shows. I would definitely recommend
Amanda and Pawsitive Beginnings.
- Ron M & Terry K - We have just completed a trip out of the US and had Amanda house sit our
three dogs and cat. Amanda was willing to take the time prior to the
stay to come to the house and familiarize herself with the animals, the
operations of the home environs, the extensive medications required for
one of the dogs, and the schedules required for so many animals.When
the initial stay began, she was prompt, aware of what was required, and
prepared to perform to our satisfaction. Throughout our trip, she
remained in touch with photos of the animals, special situations that
arose, and the conditions of the animals throughout the week.When we
returned, the house was immaculate. All sheets and towels had been
washed, and all animals were in top form. After losing our long time
house sitter, we have been using people in fits and starts without the
results meeting our expectations. After meeting Amanda, we realized our
requirements were not extraordinary but could be met by someone
thoughtful, caring and willing to pay attention to detail. Amanda
fulfilled all of our requirements and went the extra mile in every
situation. We cannot recommend her highly enough.
Mary K - Wonderful, wonderful is all I
can say about Amanda. She was prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable
about animals. My dog sensed this and liked her immediately. She
followed all of my instructions and sent me pictures of my dog daily. I
was able to enjoy my trip without any worry about my dog or my home! I
would certainly use Amanda again without hesitation.
Stacey M - Amanda recently stayed with our
dog Leta, who happened to be having some digestive problems at the
time. The vet had us put her on a bland diet and Amanda was wonderful
with the feeding and stayed tuned-in to Leta to help pinpoint the
problem. In addition, she played with her out in the yard and took her
out once a day for a leashed walk. Leta was incredibly content and
well-adjusted when we returned home. We could tell she was really happy
I felt really comfortable having Amanda in our home & she proved to
be conscientious and skilled. I would definitely recommend Amanda as a
pet/ house sitter!
- Tommy O - I give Amanda high marks for house and cat sitting.She is courteous, competent, cooperative; she was flexible about the arrangements, also changes I made. Her price for a four night stay was the lowest I encountered. Most
of all, she bonded with my cat, Jack Kerouac, right away; made me feel
confident about leaving him in her care. I could see at once that Jack
felt safe with her. She sent frequent updates, throughout the weekend, with photographs of Jack looking serene and happy. Set my mind at ease. I am surely going to call Amanda next time I am away from home.
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sun: 10:00am- 7:00pm